The Twelfth Annual Assembly of Southern New England Beekeepers Assembly is the event we await every year! November 19, 2016 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, at Groton Inn and Suites 99 Gold Star Highway, Groton, CT 06340. Featuring this year:
- Larry Connor, Ph.D.
- Diana Sammataro, Retired USDA researcher
- Grant Stiles, former NJ Apiary Inspector and commercial beekeeper
Registration $50 per person through October 31st, includes lunch and breaks. $75 After October 31st. Register online or mail a check payable to the Connecticut Beekeepers Association to Steve Dinsmore, 57 Chesterfield Rd., East Lyme, CT 06333. (Check out their web page, is that Keith Salisbury to the right??)
In the news:
- New York Times Aimed at Zika Mosquitoes, Spray Kills Millions of Honeybees
- Washington Post “Like it’s been nuked” Millions of bees dead after South Carolina sprays for Zika mosquitoes
- CNN Zika spraying kills millions of honeybees
- 2016 EAS Convention Highlights and more pictures from Scott and Emily Langlais at Providence Bees
- Oxalic Acid Treatment Protocol Trickle Method handout and an example of Dr. Jane’s mite graph from November 15th meeting.
- The RIBA Executive Board would like to hear from you if you have a burning desire for a certain speaker or to see a presentation on a particular subject. We will entertain all ideas. Contact any board member or come to the next Executive Board meeting.
- Here is a link to US Dept. of Agriculture for submitting samples of dead bees for diagnosis: http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=7472
- Here is a link to RI Statutes Title 4 Animals and Animal Husbandry/ Chapter 4-12 Apiculture: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE4/4-12/INDEX.HTM
- RIBA Brochure
- RIBA Newsletter – Fall 2013
- RIBA Newsletter – Summer 2013