The latest episode of The RIBA NEWSLETTER … February/March 2017
Missed the last episode? click here:
Days of Our Hives – Winter 2017 We are already working on the next edition! Articles, announcements and contributors sought. Contact our Editor, Cynthia Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Links and Downloads:
- Download the 2017 RI DEM Apiary Registration Form
- Highlighted at the February 19, 2017 meeting by Jim Lawson: Bait Hives – Seeley and Morse
- Also, while too large to keep on this website you can view or download Jim’s other handout: USDA Farmer’s Bulletin No. 1198 “Swarm Control” HINT – Scroll down past the first notification page.
- Oxalic Acid Treatment Protocol Trickle Method handout and an example of Dr. Jane’s mite graph from November 15, 2016 meeting.
- Here is a link to US Dept. of Agriculture for submitting samples of dead bees for diagnosis: http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=7472
- Here is a link to RI Statutes Title 4 Animals and Animal Husbandry/ Chapter 4-12 Apiculture: http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/TITLE4/4-12/INDEX.HTM
- RIBA Brochure
- RIBA Newsletter – Fall 2013
- RIBA Newsletter – Summer 2013
In the news:
- RIBA article in the Warwick Beacon: http://warwickonline.com/stories/ri-s-buzzing-community,120507
- RIBA’s Own in the news: RI National Public Radio interviews Ed Lafferty on threats to honey bees.
- New York Times Aimed at Zika Mosquitoes, Spray Kills Millions of Honeybees
- Washington Post “Like it’s been nuked” Millions of bees dead after South Carolina sprays for Zika mosquitoes
- CNN Zika spraying kills millions of honeybees
- 2016 EAS Convention Highlights and more pictures from Scott and Emily Langlais at Providence Bees